View Single Post
havementalillness

Member Since Apr 2009
Default Apr 27, 2009 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budweiser View Post
I am on risperdal the visusal hallu. have gone but i still hear voices. I 'm not sure why or what to do to prevent them. what is some advice?

Dear Budweiser,

I had problems with hearing voices in the past and I found that the best way to get rid of them is to just completely ignore them!! Don't do what they tell you to do!! If you don't acknowledge them at all, they diminish greatly, at least mine did. Don't believe anything they say either!! I found that in my case, the voices were my own thoughts and were usually expressions of my own fears or insecurities. When I chose to ignore them and not acknowledge them anymore, I wasn't re-inforcing that kind of annoying mode of functioning my mind had started taking on due to my schizophreniform disorder, and the voices just stopped. Also, I have found reading to really help because when my mind focuses on a subject completely unrelated to my own thoughts, it makes me more mentally well. Talking with others and socializing also helps my mind stay well. Hope your voices stop soon!! (And know that they really can!)

havementalillness
havementalillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote