View Single Post
GrayNess

Member Since Feb 2009
Default Jun 01, 2009 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwheel27 View Post
Honestly, I do not remember meeting anyone with this kind of personality. Yes there are many different type of personalities out there. We see these personalities at work, shopping, almost anywhere. We learn how to talk, or work, to get along with others. I am not trying to 'label' my neice. What I am trying to do is to see or find forum or a site that can help me , or guide me in a direction of where I might get help for her. Of course without any fights with her. In some ways, I am afraid of her, but mostly I am afraid for her (hope that makes sence).
With NPD, there are numerous forms of it, not only the classical one of someone being very grandiose. I myself have both NPD and APD, however, I'm not about appearing flashy to others, getting others' approval for whatever I do. I couldn't care less about that, I'm more about gaining power, control, manipulation, etc..., or perhaps that's just the APD speaking. I'm not sure entirely.

Chances are you've met people with NPD, APD, etc... already however it's not blatantly visible all the time as though they have a nametag saying "Hello, I'm [name] with [disorder(s)]".

If you want information about NPD, you can read up on some books (I wouldn't suggest Vaknin but that's my opinion), ask here or on other forums.
GrayNess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Thorn Bird