View Single Post
Catherine2
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2009
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Jul 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Perhaps I need to clarify my feelings on this...

In no way do I feel that sharing that we feel suicidal, wonder if we are ever going to get better, losing hope, and needing someone to listen, help, and offer encouragement should be disallowed...folks with these feelings need reassurance and our love.

Making a post with a definite time and method is not the same thing.
It can cause panic and frantic efforts to dissuade someone from doing it. Sometimes it may help, unless that person responds with a positive No, I won't do it this time how are we to know if they did it?

What about the fear and feelings of helplessness generated in the community?
Sharing our feelings is absolutely necessary for us to get caring and support from others.
Posting a time with details?

It's been pointed out several times that we need people in our real lives to help us.

PC is an adjunct support system.
Resources are posted for help IRL if someone does not have access to their own professionals...

Please, let's not confuse sharing feelings as opposed to telling an exact time and method...

Catherine

I added the trigger icon because I'm nearly 100% certain that someone will get very angry because I do see a difference in these two things.

Last edited by Catherine2; Jul 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Apology offered; I did not see sabby's post before I posted this reply.

Thanks for this!
Beachboxer, bluegirl...?, Crew, deewock60, Elysium, Fuzzybear, knothead, paddym22, phoenix7, sabby, susan888, Tonny