View Single Post
Anonymous81711

Trig Jul 26, 2009 at 07:53 PM

My .02....

Here is the thing. There are two points to consider.

one being that like Sky mentioned, not everyone who is on here is going to know the right way(and that depends totally on the person in my veiw) to talk someone down. Things can easily be said and taken out of context, be triggering, just not wanted, ect.. It happens.. and this doesnt mean anyone is wrong! We cannot possibly know what everyone needs all the time.. even that is tough for a professional.

The second thing is how much potential "triggering" could happen if someone came on, was actively suicidal, said they were going to do it, then dissapeared and never posted again. Did they do it? We wouldn't know.. some people would likely feel responsible, some would just be triggered.. heck, i mean it just would be very scary I think.

And heck there is a third thing too.. those who are suicidal DESERVE the VERY BEST PROFESSIONAL CARE - and unfortunately, as Sabby mentioned, we cannot all do that for everyone. As i said even a professional would have a hard time doing and being everything for everyone all of the time.

I think that NOONE should ever have to suffer with suicidal ideation all alone. It takes a big network to change that mood and mindset, and its all well deserved.

the last time I felt even slightly suicidal.. I called my aunt, and i took me to the hospital. I saw the on duty psych, i wasnt kept, he changed my medication and i felt better. But the thing is, I knew although i could come here and say "Im having suicidal thoughts" I personally wouldnt want to come on and say "im going to commit suicide" because I know for a fact if something DID happen and i didnt offer myself that very good care, so many people WOULD feel badly, triggered, etc etc.

I know all of this sounds like im putting the suicidal thinker down. And I am NOT in any way meaning to do that. The core of how i feel is that although getting support for your feelings is good here, if you are suicidal, you need AND deserve professionals to step in and guide you out of that action or mindset. Again, i truly feel so badly for ANYONE in that place.. if you have been there, or even if you know someone who has, you know it is a nightmare and a very dark place.

I hope this is all coming across right.

Thanks for this!
Christina86, phoenix7, sabby