View Single Post
lynn09
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2009
59 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2009 at 02:06 AM

Yes, those of us who can be easily hurt attract abusers like sharks! Human beings are predators and many people allow their predatory natures to rule them, seeking out those of us they consider to be "prey" on whom to inflict pain and damage. Based on my personal experience in life, there are more people out there who are willing to hurt you than to help you. We have to be very discerning about who we allow into our inner sanctums - who we allow ourselves to trust. Isolation is just protective mode - your safe place - the starting point from which you carefully and cautiously venture out to interact with others. I know all too well how you feel right now - I have had nothing but betrayal after vicious betrayal of my trust since the moment I became ill and disabled 10 years ago. I have also isolated myself as a result - but that's okay - I will learn to be more discerning (even at my ripe old age) before I venture out again. I tend to give people more credit than they deserve and trust them too easily - I'm revamping this philosophy and habit so that I won't appear to others as such easy prey!! This rose is going to grow some thorns! Maybe I should even learn how to growl like you - grrr....grrr...grrrr...ack...cough - I'll have to practice.

But oh, the things I learned from her when Sorrow walked with me!"

(Robert Browning Hamilton; "Along The Road")
lynn09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, HD7970GHZ, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, Gabi925, HD7970GHZ, Psyched, TunedOut