View Single Post
Anonymous29311

Default Oct 23, 2009 at 07:06 PM

Hello Ripley. I looked for the Self in Exile page and couldn't find it.

I don't think that having Schizoid P/D is so bad (but of course a schizoid would feel this way!). Just because we tend to be loners and disdainful of phony social games does not make us bad people. Indeed, I think that schizoids are really just radically authentic people who have a talent for 'being real' in a plastic society that fears honesty.

Schizoids don't have many close relationships (face-to-face anyway), but they are intensely loyal and 'deep' with the few they do manage to have.

Schizoids have a marked tendency to isolate, so watch that. I think of it as 'insolating' because I go deep within myself for long periods of time. I think that this site is perfect for schizoid people who desire 'close' yet 'safely distant' relationships. For example, if I have more than 3 physical friends in my life at any one time, I feel overwhelmed and 'trapped' in too many relationships. This site offers me a way to meet a number of really cool people (I'm still new here) and to interact with them in a distant but very deep way. I can be myself here (so far) and be accepted by people I will most likely never meet but will still grow to be fond of and concerned about.

I feel like I can be myself here and have brief but authentic and meaningful interactions with others,

Boy, aren't I talky here. Anyways, Hello. Mike
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ripley