View Single Post
Anonymous29311

Default Oct 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Since you have an attraction to a schizoid, the big advice I'd give you (as one myself) is: Don't come on too strong. Schizoids naturally recoil from direct advances; we just don't know how to process sudden-onset intimacy.

When it comes to relationships, schizoids are like horses; you have to sidle up to us indirectly and make no sudden moves. Move closer gradually. If we get skittish, stop. Let the schizoid move closer to you; wait, if necessary. Never, ever attempt to saddle and ride however.

Find an outside interest that you can focus on together; schizoids seldom like to be the object of direct attention until they have bonded. A shared interest offers a safe focus, until the schizoid is comfortable in a direct encounter.

No one, and I mean no one, does an authentic 'I-Thou' relationship better than a schizoid. He or she will calmly and deeply accept you when all of society rejects you. You will not have to play games or try to be someone else with a schizoid; in fact, we have little tolerance for phoniness. We have to have authenticity in our selves and relationships because "lies" are somehow intimidating to us.

When I am in a situation where a level of social pretence is required, I panic. Role playing is exhausting and confusing!

So: Don't come on too strong. Go slow and wait for his response if necessary. Focus on a shared interest. Be yourself (seriously). Establish trust. Be prepared to drop all social conventions and pretensions (schizoids just don't have the knack for this).

Good luck

Mike
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
illogicallogician