View Single Post
different

Member Since May 2008
Default Jan 15, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof667 View Post
I don't believe in the five stages of grief, I feel angry, I want my son back and yes I am depressed or is it just a normal reaction to losing my precious boy. I am sad, I have nothing to live for, my husband and I just survive each day, there is nothing like losing a child, even if he was 27, we have lost our future and reason to live.
I lost my 26-year-old son 8 years ago. Everyday I still think of him. It is extremely hard to lose a child, no matter what age. Twenty-seven is very young. I recently went to a family wedding. In honor of family members who had passed, their names were mentioned before the ceremony. I thought mentioning the names was an extremely thoughtful gesture, but at the same time, it took the focus away from the happiness I was feeling for my nephew and his bride. My eyes swelled up with tears. I began to think that this could be my son's wedding day, but I will never see that happen. I had to stop myself from the thoughts, because I really did want to share in the celebration of my nephew's wedding. Now, if this was three years ago, I probably would have had to leave. You are angry, and you have a right to be, your child is gone. All the hopes and dreams you had for your son are gone. The pain lessens over time (acceptance), but it never goes away. Others may feel differently, but I miss him every day. My only problem is that it took me this long to get where I am at today.
different is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
rumishams