Thread: Invisibility
View Single Post
Ratanddragon

Ratanddragon has no updates.

10 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 17, 2010 at 03:46 AM

I don't know if you remember, but I wrote you about Gary Yontef's article on the schizoid process. It seems to me that when they published the DSMIII in '83 (I think) and broke "schizoid" into "avoidant", "schizotypal" AND "schizoid" disorders, they were trying to create some sort of triage wherein "schizoid" disorder was the worst and almost beyond help, or even hope. You know "He's schizoid and you can't help someone who doesn't give a d***." It seems like the older theorists saw all three disorders as part of the same process and treated patients accordingly. I think maybe they were on to something.. I know that, although one can never regain lost time, I have hope. Brain imaging technology is showing differences in brain anatomy for schizophrenics, aspergers, borderlines and I don't know what else. Perhaps in a few years one will be able to get a PET scan or MRI of the brain and know exactly which condition to look for instead of the hit or miss process we go through now that wastes so much time in a life. Be well, my friend.

Thanks for this!
ripley