View Single Post
Hopeful78

Member Since Mar 2010
Default Apr 02, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Cenaco, I haven't been diagnosed either, but the detailed explanation on here is spot on. I definitely have issues with criticism. Outside of it actually happening, I think I could be OK and learn from it. But if it actually happens, my bottom just drops out and if I don't retort back with some sarcastic remark, I may just shut up and not be able to talk at all. The feelings are so dramatic at that very moment that I almost have a physical reaction. I have erupted into tears at work because I unexpectedly received criticism (in a gentle way I might add). It's worse if it's unexpected - literally, uncontrollable emotional and physical reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenaco View Post
wow that was the best description of BPD...and basically described my entire life existence in a nut shell. wow

if I could thank you for that post 1,000 times I would...

Also, I have never been officially diagnosed with BPD, but was diagnosed with clinical depression my freshman year of high school. I have always felt that I am far too complex to be simply depressed. I feel as though BPD is a very accurate diagnosis, but I have to see a therapist before I can make such a judgement I suppose.

I was wondering though, if anyone would happen to know, if those with BPD have trouble accepting criticism. I have had this problem for almost all of my life. I always take things so insanely personally and get overly defensive and often become livid/enraged when I feel people are "attacking" me...when they may only be giving simple criticism. I can't handle any rejection/disappointment out of others...it makes me FREAK OUT. I am constantly seeing things in black and white - kind of like that love/hate thing with relationships, etc. I have serious anger problems too. But anyways, do people with BPD have that problem with criticm I was talking about? Thanks everyone, good luck to you all!!
Hopeful78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Visje