Thread: Reasons Not To
View Single Post
Quay

Quay has no updates.

15 yr Member
Default Sep 17, 2005 at 11:26 AM

Reasons not to - interesting thread - happens to be my homework from my T this week also - so let's see --

The scars - I agree, that's a biggy

Shame - I would feel awful if my kids knew, I feel like others look down on us for it - why do something you are definitely NOT proud of - doesn't seem a healthy choice

Not a healthy way to cope - hope to be a therapist someday, wouldn't want to think that's how my T copes

Addiction - do I want to be addicted to anything? It's not any different from being addicted to alcohol, drugs, or overeating. An addiction is an addiction. Don't want to give my life over to that.

Abuse - As someone else pointed out, why continue? why take over where your abuser left off? If I give in to abusing myself, I'm suggesting that his view of my selfworth was right. I don't want to give him that.

Cycling - it was suggested that si fuels my depression which fuels my si - I need to break the cycle in order to feel better about myself and get out of this rut. I definitely want to stop feeling the way I do right now. I don't know how much longer I can last feeling this way. If stopping can change this feeling, then it would be worth it.

That's all I can think of right now. It has helped though. I guess I'll have to keep looking at this post and remembering what I'm working for. Thanks, Quay
Quay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken