View Single Post
kimmydawn
Legendary

Member Since Oct 2004
23 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2005 at 07:52 PM

that's so wonderful, myself. thank you for sharing.

i believe you were talking about a post that i made. i've not told anyone IRL my "offcial" dx. i never will. those close to me (hubby, youngest daughter, etc) wouldn't know what it was anyhow. i've explained very elementary things to them regarding dissociation.

i've decided this. within the last six months i've been able to tell those closest to me (even oldest daughter who has her BA in psych) that i'm a dissociator. i think that's as far as i'll go and take it from there. i'll test the water's. if my gyn asks for more, i may give. i may not.

i will say that i have PTSD and am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and subsequently am a dissociator. that's as far as i'm willing to go. if it feels safe, i may or may not say more. i doubt that i will. there's so much professional stigma and disbelief regarding DID that i can't make myself that vulnerable. oddly enough, dissociation doesn't seem to be an issue of belief/disbelief.

thank you again for the post. i feel brave enough that, when i go, i'll tell that i have ptsd and am a dissociator so to please be prepared. i've never done anything more than "froze" during internals. that's what we did as a child, so don't expect anything more now.

thanks again,

kd

Thanks for this!
1976kitchenfloor, ADHD1956, carpe_diem44, mlyn