Thread: update
View Single Post
tiredashell
tiredashell has no updates.

20 yr Member
Default Nov 07, 2003 at 11:49 PM

Hi everyone!! Well we went to the church to get help with our power bill on Wednesday night. We actually got help this time. We were the last people in the line to be helped though. As we were giong back to the room where they get your information, another man told eveyone else that they were now out of funds. I felt bad for the other people in line, but there was nothing I could do for them other than pray they get the help they need. They were able to pay half of our bill. We borrowed the other half. If the power company would have just waited a few more days, we could have paid the bill ourselves. My hubby got an unemplyment check in the mail yesterday...a little late but it at least gets us some groceries. Then today, he got a check from his work. He wasn't expecting a check until next week. It was only for 2 days work, but it helps us tremendously. He should be getting about 3 more checks from unemployment. As usual they took their sweet precious time with his request.
My hubby and I got into a fight tonight though. When he came home from work, he was pissy with me and it just kept getting worse. I got so mad I actually hit the wall. I haven't done that in a really long time. It helped me cool off though. I think my hubby is still mad at me. He wanted me to go to the grocery store tonight and I told him I wasn't going to go tonight because it was 5pm on a Friday night. I knew the store would be packed. I hate going to the store when it is like that. I am one of those people who goes to the store at 2am just to avoid alot of people. I have always been like that too. Anyway, he got over that because his mom had brought us some meat yesterday. I told him I would cook dinner. Well, after the meat got done defrosting, I opened up the pack and it stunk. I told him and he agreed that it was bad and we threw it away. No big deal. I suggested that we get a pizza or something. That pissed him off. He started ranting and raving about how we didn't need to spend the money on junk. I was like whatever...I'll go to the store and get a pack of meat. Then he started in because I had said I didn't want to go to the store. While you are there you should just get what we need...blah..blah..blah...I told him that if I did that I wouldn't be home for at least an hour and a half because we don't have anything in the house. He wanted to eat dinner and be in bed by 7. He just kept on and on until I just went off on him. That's when I hit the wall. After that he wouldn't let me even drive to the store. He said I was too mad to be driving. Actually, that would have given me a chance to cool off. I told him that I was going to the store to get a pack of meat but he wouldn't give me the keys to the truck. Finally, he told me to call and order a pizza. Well we were going to try new kind of pizza. I called and they told me that one large pizza was like $18.00. Needless to say I didn't get that pizza. I got a special that was 2 lg. for $17.99. Well then he gets mad at me because I didn't get that new pizza. I told him I wasn't going to pay that much for one pizza when we can get 2 for the same price. Well, I thought that was the end of it. My mom called me and I asked her how long meat was good in the freezer. She told me usually 3-6 months for the meats that I had. Well the meat that my mother in law gave us was like a yr. old!!! I told him I wasn't going to eat it because I didn't want to get sick. That just started another fight. He was like..my mom was trying to help us out and you just have to be a bit-- about it. I told him that I knew she was trying to help us but if we got food poisoning from the meat that it wasn't helping too much. He thinks I have something againest his mother. I don't understand why though. I like his mom. I hang out with her. He knows I like his mom. I finally talked him down out of his little fit. It took a while but I did it.He says he's not mad at me anymore but I think he is. He shouldn't be mad at me. I did nothing wrong. I think he's just tired though. I doubt anyone will blame me for not eating that meat. When he wanted me to go to the grocery store I was just walking in the door from doing laundry. I had been at the laundry mat for about 3 hours. If any of you have ever had to go to a laundrymat, you know how tiring that can be. Not to mention, I am hypoglaucemic and I needed to eat, since I had not eaten in about 5 hours. That's pushing my luck there. Anyway, I 'm sure he'll get over being mad by morning.
Also, one more thing. My dad got his orders today to go to Iraq. They are leaving within 45 days. He is in the national gaurd. What sucks is that as of September he had put in his 20 years. He wasn't even having to go to his drills on the weekends anymore. The thing is that when he last had to renew his contract with them he signed until 2005. He was out but still obligated to them. My dad is 51 going on 52. He has arthritis in both knees. The army has sent him to the doctor about them and they have put him on 10% disability. Which means, they have restricted him from any physical training and marching. He will have to go to Ft. Benning, GA for a physical before they leave. We are hoping that the disability thing keeps him home!! They said if he isn't sent to Iraq because of the disability thing that he will still have to serve somewhere until his unit comes back home. EVERYONE PLEASE PRAY THAT MY FATHER DOESN'T HAVE TO GO!!!! I don't think he should be put in a spot like that with his knees being like they are. I pray that he doesn't have to go. I'm really scared though!!!
Well, I guess that's all for now!
Take Care Everyone and THANK YOU!!!

tiredashell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous100111