splitimage
Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

15 yr Member
73 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2010 at 08:48 PM

I pay for my psychologist almost entirely out of pocket, at $160 / session. My private, supplemental health insurance through work, will only reimburse me $1,000 a year. I've just told her I have to go to seeing her every other week rather than weekly because I simply can't afford weekly right now.

My addictions Dr. and addictions treatment groups are funded by our public health care. I'm going to see if I can increase my private appointments with my addictions Dr. now that I'm not seeeing my psychologist so oftern.

My psychiatrist is paid for by public health care. And my last stay in a psych hospital (8 weeks) was completely paid for by public health care.

I feel really lucky to have public health care, and definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth from my tax dollars that fund it.

--splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky