View Single Post
Shadowghost
Shadowghost has no updates.

10 yr Member
Default Jun 19, 2010 at 07:01 PM

The advice given by Dr. Burns is good, overall, but as I was reading the part where he asks readers to define terms, I have a problem with the statement that there are no fools, or losers. I know many of both. I've been both, at times. Such statements are fine when you're telling your children similar things because you want to encourage them, but when you grow up and see the world as it is, you realize such statements are lies. Truth is sometimes ugly, like life. But remember, someone might be a fool, or a loser, now, but they can change. You don't have to let your past or present mistakes define your future. There's always hope, even when you can't see it. You can always change who you are, what you are. People may still look at you and remember your mistakes, but remember this: no one's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Have the courage to overcome your mistakes. Even if you're a hundred years old and dying, one day, one moment, of change could make a difference in someone's life. Change can happen anytime, and making a difference in someone's life doesn't mean you need to do something monumental to make that difference. Small acts of kindness can have a great impact on someone. Change isn't necessarily hard, although it often is. What's hardest is having the courage to make the change. If you don't, then you allow yourself to be defined by past or present mistakes.
Shadowghost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
(JD), Alothasoccurred, Bella01, betweenarock, eggplantlife, Nola22, nushi, roseblossom, RoxanneToto, sandy4029