View Single Post
tryingtobeme
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2009
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Nyphera, I am so sorry this is happeneing to you. I had a son 18 months ago and had something similar happen. Someone called CPS on me and said I was actually going to hurt my baby. I had to go see them, make a plan as in, who do I have for support, who lives with me, do I feel safe....all that stuff they wanted from you. I don't think they didn't in a very nice manner. I understand CPS wants to help the child but sometimes you get some that just don't care about the parent and all the want is the child out of the home for whatever reason.

Any ways, I was in counseling at the time and they did want to talk to my T. My T talked to me first, then he did talk to the CPS people, but I knew exactly how he would answer their questions. I had to sign off on it since there was no evidence on his part to show that I was hurting my child. he didn't freely give up information only answered their direct questions. CPS cannot just take your child b/c of a MI condition. If you were in actively suicidal then they may make a plan for you not to be alone with your child, but they have to prove that you have neglected or plan to neglect or hurt your child. They just can't come and take the child away. There has to be proof that you are going to or already did something. It sounds to me that they have nothing on you other than having a MI and that is proof of nothing.

First, I would get with a T, you may not have any feelings of hurting your child or yourself, but I know my T helped get me through a lot of issues being a mom. Especially if this is your first. It is a trying time even without any bad feelings of harming someone or yourself. So I think that would be good. CPS will then see that you are going some place.

Second, if CPS continues get some legal help. They cannot just keep after you when there is no proof of anything.

Good luck. Please PM if you need to talk. I would be more than happy to.
tryingtobeme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote