Administrator
Community Support Team

FooZe has no updates.

10 yr Member
5,089 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2010 at 03:35 AM

This topic is covered in the FAQ (though not all in one place). It's also been discussed a few times in Community Feedback & Technical Support. Since members, especially newer members, still express puzzlement about it occasionally, I'm going to see if I can pull together everything I know about subscribing in one place.

1. Any thread, whether you've posted in it or not

Scroll to the top of the page with the thread. Click on Thread Tools. In the pulldown menu that appears, click on Subscribe to this Thread. If it turns out that you're already subscribed, that option will say "Unsubscribe from this Thread" instead.

----------------------------

----------------------------

2. Threads you've posted in

There's an option available to subscribe automatically to every thread that you post in. By default, this option is off until you turn it on. To turn it on:

Locate the My Profile link at the upper left of any forums page.

Click it and it'll take you to a page titled "User Control Panel". In the left (Your Control Panel) column, scroll down to the Settings & Options section and click on the Edit Options link.

On the "Edit Options" page, in the Messaging & Notification section, locate the box titled Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Select any option other than "Do not subscribe". Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save Changes button.

3. Viewing Your Subscribed Threads

As usual there's more than one way. Here are three:

a. Click the My Profile link as in 2. above. If there are new posts to any of your subscribed threads, those threads (only) will be shown in a "New Subscribed Threads" list near the top of the "User Control Panel" page.

Or...

b. Click the My Profile link, scroll down the left column to the Subscribed Threads section, and click on the List Subscriptions link.

The page you get will show all your subscribed threads, active or not, and will also let you delete subscriptions or change how you get notified of new posts.

Or...

c. In the same bar as the "My Profile" link but over to the right, click on Quick Links.

In the pulldown menu that appears, go down to the Miscellaneous section and click on Subscribed Threads. You'll get the same subscriptions page as in b. above.

Handy as these various links are, I still cheat . I have several Psych Central My Support Forums pages bookmarked ("added to Favorites", as Internet Explorer calls it). Whenever I come to PC MSF, I start at my Subscriptions page.

Last edited by FooZe; Jan 06, 2022 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: Updated URLs
FooZe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, Chuck2, Gus1234U, KrystalBella, Meredith49, mylifehelm32, roads, shipping, unaluna, wing, Yoda