Thread: support group
View Single Post
sharon1510

Member Since Apr 2007
Frown Jul 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I've been a member since 2007 but this is really my first post. I am such a severe state of depression for way too long this time that I am searching everywhere for someone to help me.

I've had a lot of losses in my life, including family, friends, finances, beloved pets, etc. I don't have 1 friend. Some were friends for 40 yrs and now they've just moved on as though I never existed. Depression is such a lonely disease.

I've taken many, many different meds and combination thereof, and now nothing seems to work at all. Not able to find a Dr. that has any answers and no one really seems to care. I live in S. Fla. and yesterday I contacted Dept. of Psychiatry at University of Miller School of Medicine in hopes of finding a Dr. that may be able to help me. Still waiting for a return phone call. I really don't have much confidence anymore with the Doctors dealing with mental health. I really don't feel like they have the answers to how to help people that are extremely depressed or what medications to have us take. It's just a guessing game on their part and we suffer through it everytime we have to see someone new, or go off a med and then go on a new med and it just goes on and on and on.

I cry constantly, never smile or laugh or look forward to anthing,or feel any joy or pleasure. I have to go on because I'm an animal advocate and have two cats that I could never leave and to have them end up in a shelter alone and scared. I would rather suffer daily then allow that to happen.

I'm just rambling and this is why I never post.

Hugs from:
Anonymous37780, depressedinct1, growlycat, Pixie1, ready2makenice, staystrong246, triggers, tristebella, Turtleboy

Thanks for this!
growlycat, Ohxpoorxme