View Single Post
twitch7569

Member Since Apr 2010
Default Aug 09, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlffyChic View Post
I take pain meds for pain but seems like when i get them refilled i always always always end up taking more than needed cause i get a buzz then i end up running out early and then hurting the next few weeks till i can get more. i buy them off the street too when i'm out and it's really causing financial trouble. i will not absolutely will not tell this to anyone professional because i don't want them to cut me off for good cause i do need them for the pain but i'm just so tempted when i have a whole bottle to take more than needed. i could get by with 2 a day if i did it according to my pain level but i end up taking 6-9 a day or more sometimes. are there any suggestions for what i can do to try to get a hold on this. every single month i get my refill i say i'm gonna take them right this time and every time i get them filled i over-do it. i've thought about giving them to my husband to hold and let him give them to me when i need them so he could kind of regulate how i use them but then i'd have to tell him why i need him to do this and i don't want him to know i'm a "pill head"
FYI- In a substance abuse class I took, I learned that after an extended period of opiate use....the body builds up a tolerance and needs more and more of the drug to get the same effect....hence addiction/dependence. But another thing that was interesting is that after using opiates, you can develop a hyper-sensitivity to pain....meaning, your pain receptors feel pain at a level that without the opiates, you would not feel pain. The pain is real....not all in your head....but it's worse because you have become tolerant to the opiates. Then comes the cycle of feeling more pain and needing more pills to ease the pain and then the addiction and then depression and so on and so on. What you can try it to stop the pain meds for a few weeks....you will feel rotten and may even feel like you have a case of slight flu and you will feel your pain but....it will pass if you can get thru the phase. Then you will know if your pain is due to hypersensivity or injury. Google non-medication pain methods to help get you thru it but it won't be easy. Just an idea.

Hope it helps some.

Missy
twitch7569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nushi