View Single Post
BAPearl

Member Since Sep 2010
Cool Sep 19, 2010 at 09:07 PM

I am very grateful for the Coping with Emotions forum! Thanks, Doctor John. I am often overwhelmed with many feelings, all seemingly flowing forth at once from a never-ending gusher within me, and I do not know how to turn this flood off. At other times, I am quite calm and able to cope very well. It is the roller-coaster ride that is so difficult to handle. Although I am grateful for the peaceful times, when situations arise in which I feel out-of-control, I wonder if I will ever know stability, or if my life will be made up of endless cycles defined by "stable-instablity"... over and over and over again. For me, I believe a huge part of my growth lies in understanding and accepting my own emotional states and leaving judgment far behind. It is important for me in this acceptance process to learn to just be with myself, no matter what I am feeling, and not run frantically from those emotions that are so intensely painful.

Thanks again, Doctor John. I am really looking forward to learning and growing through this forum.

BAPearl
BAPearl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beanie baby, Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, maisina