View Single Post
Estee1
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2005
Default Oct 31, 2005 at 08:20 PM

I have to fix things up and rearrange them until they are just right. Yesterday I was trying to get the books in my bookshelf just right. I kept swapping the books to different shelves. It was wasting so much time, but I couldn't stop until they looked right. It causes me anxiety if things aren't exactly in the right place.
Sometimes I throw things away that are perfectly good, just becuase of the OCD. I throw away food because I'm afraid that it will be going off. Or I throw away other things. A while ago I gave away heaps of my clothes and the next day I was looking for this particular shirt that I wanted to wear but I had already given it away to charity.
I have given away heaps and heaps of things. I like giving things to people but sometimes I give money away out of guilt. I have given heaps of money away. I am afraid that I will be punished if I don't.
I know that it is a good thing to give to others and I really love giving. It's just that I'm not sure sometimes that I give for the right reason. I always seem to have everything that I need but I worry that I give to people for the wrong reason. The reason I do give alot of the time is to avoid punishment. But other times I give because I really want to, I give out of love for whoever I'm giving to. It's a good feeling to give things to people.

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster