Omers
Grand Magnate

Omers has no updates.

10 yr Member
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2010 at 08:05 PM

Hey. First, it sounds like you are scared and overwhelmed. You are reading up on what is going on with you and trying to get it right. That is SMART.

I have a pretty extensive history of abuse including by boyfriends but have never been married so I cannot completely relate. I have however survived the triggers, the flash backs, body memories... It can be managed, you can get your life back.

I don't think it ever completely goes away but I can say that my PTSD has been in "remission" for about 5 years now. The 3 things that did the most for me were CBT to deal with the hard times, A friend who could hold me when I needed someone close and who would be just out of sight when I needed to be alone and a massage therapist with experience working with survivors. Oh, and a lot of hard work.

I used to hang in these forums years ago but just circled back to them today. I don't know which forums I will end up hanging in. Feel free to PM me if you need someone who has "been there, done that" and don't see me around. Also, I don't trigger easily so you can say what you need.
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
(JD)