View Single Post
MASIMO

Member Since Oct 2010
Default Nov 15, 2010 at 02:55 PM

Are you out of your second marriage? I'm still married and have PTSD so its hard to recover from something when I continue to be exposed to it.
Traumatic from the past, and continuing traumas in the present. If you are out you can heal. It's certainly important for you to find a T that has trauma experience, maybe there is a trauma group that meets nearby. But also, no all therapist's are skilled at dealing with domestic
violence. We bring to them a myriad of problems that not only include
trauma. Self esteem issues usually, Your anxiety, depression,nightmares
all sound like you may have PTSD. I know it's hard, but try to find some
professional help. I hate taking meds but they may help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3kids View Post
For the last 5 yrs I have been an emotional rollercoaster. All of it stemming from my first and second husbands abuse. while i have gone to doctors they didn't know about the abuse nor did i voulenteer the info. I have been diagnosed with bi-polar dissorder. but now that i have read up on it i don't think it is bipolar at all I think it is ptsd.

The things that made me even look into this are the constant nightmares, anxiety attacts i have and horrible flash backs that are triggered by the smallest things. i don't feel in controll of my life at all. I was in a gasstation this morning and the man behind the counter looked EXACTLY like my first husband I froze I couldn't move or speak or do anything i turned and ran out of the gasstation when i got in my car i was sobbing histarically but i was certain it was him and i just knew he was gonna get me. I don't know what to do this is ruining my life. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this for me or am i just being dumb.