View Single Post
RiverX
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2007
Default Jan 02, 2011 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
Hi, thanks alot for your post- i am looking for a bit of support , i have been experiencing a sense paranoia, increasing in severity over the past 4yrs. it has reached the point of ruling my life and well-being. I am always forthright in therapy and believe the Paranoia was considered a symptom of a larger issue for some time. Most recently i told my T it has manifested itself into every crevice of my existence. I will recieve my med adj on mon. however when i read the paranoid personality disorder most of it doesnot fit....i have learned to temper my emotions and take responsibility for my actions via recovery. however, a combination of schiz disorders do describe alot of what a feel and fear. I updated & selected PPD in my profile, now, it wont allow me to change it---- "arrrghhh....whatever will you think of me Now?????.." LOL I wonder if I've made any sense at all.

i tend to do things in reverse...so now im going to go check out the link you provided. hopefully i'll find some remnants of 'me' in there. I also have a medication horror story from 2005 which is causing me much apprehension in relation to this new diagnosis. not sure if it is appropriate to discuss.

thanks for listening...
That sounds like some good recovery, I also got that taking responsibility from having been in recovery. Sounds like that parania thing is getting a grip on you. I've been thro a period of time with terrible intrusive thoughts , altho not exaclty paranioa.
Its possible to apply the recovery tools on the whole schizoid disorder paradigm. It takes some studying and learning, and a deeper working of the steps. I believe this is possible, let me know if I can help, maybe I can - dont know.