Thread: some links
View Single Post
shadowalker164

Member Since Jan 2005
Default Jan 18, 2006 at 11:44 AM

Good to see you back around Down. I hope life is treating you as well as you are treating it.

I always enjoy your stuff, you are a very bright and inquisitive soul. And you bring up good observations about 12 step stuff.

You are right when you say that we have no opinion on outside issues. For the hour, in meetings that I enjoy, we focus on the solution exclusively. But you ought to see a bunch of x drunks sitting around the tables before the meeting starts, just going down the list, and discussing just about every subject under the sun.

We agree on the spiritual solution to our alcoholism, and that is just about it. We don’t agree on the color of the sky or much of anything else. Political affiliations run the gambit from anarchists through neo-con and everything in-between. Don’t think that just because we get sober with the 12 steps that we stop thinking, or acting politically or socially, we don’t.

But for the hour, we give our undivided attention to recovery. At any rate that’s how it works for me.

Richard
shadowalker164 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote