View Single Post
wi_fighter
Magnate

wi_fighter has no updates.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2006 at 11:21 AM

I was on 150 for a week and felt pretty good, had energy and motivation, then the doc upped it to 300. Within three days I started having tremors, extreme insomnia, worsened depression, suicidal feelings, crying, weight gain, feelings of hopelessness, horrible irritability (my poor kids). I'd get out of bed, try to work, and just start crying because I was so exhausted and couldn't fathom sitting at a computer for 10 hours and trying to concentrate.

I dropped back down to 150 and felt better again, but he said 150 is too low of a dose. I'd go back on 300 and have the same problems. He switched me to Lexapro and I feel good now, but no different than when I was on Celexa (which he took me off of to put me on Wellbutrin when I said I wanted to increase my Celexa dose that my GP had put me on. He said Celexa is basically worthless. Uh, okaaaay).

Anyway, Wellbutrin XL bad, Lexapro good but same effect as generic Celexa at four times the cost (once I stop getting samples).

I was so hoping Wellbutrin would be the one for me since it's an activating antidepressant and I really would like to be a little more awake feeling. Oh well, can't have everything. I'd much rather be laid back than a drug-induced, sleep deprived banshee.