View Single Post
Anonymous33005

Default May 13, 2011 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
I want to be weened off Seroquel after being on 100mg for 4 years.

The weight gain is horrible and does nothing for my self esteem. Plus, I feel foggy in the mornings, almost like a mild hangover.

I am interested to see how the Seroquel withdrawal goes for you, because I am afraid that I may be addicted to it.

Good luck and best wishes.
Hey Furious George

I actually switched to Seroquel XR towards the end (was able to get free samples), which does not have the same "sledgehammer" effect as regular Seroquel at least for me.

I went from 300 mg for several years to 200 mg for a few months to 100 mg for 2 weeks to 50 mg for 3 weeks to now 0. I did this after many discussions with my doctor and making a lot of lifestyle changes.

Last night was my first night off of it and i definitely didn't get my usual sleep - up for about 2 hrs in the middle of the night - luckily I am not working right now (one of those lifestyle changes) so i wasn't freaking out about it - I know i'll sleep eventually.

Make sure you talk to your dr and make a plan...I'm hoping I don't have too many symptoms! I'll let you know - feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FuriousGeorge