Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I have often thought about this area.

I do wonder if it may be some form of just a desire for control. I can't help but think that it may very well be very similar to other things that people do to combat stress or feel some form of control

I think that when a drug taken prohibits one to climax, well that is really hard. I would suggest trying to find another drug that does not interupt in this process.

I have a feeling that some of the exibition is also a form of desire for control of some kind. Most bad behaviors are a desire for attention and some sort of control.

As far as the first question and your confusion about the therapist, well she does specialize in this area and part of that is being able to let the client express all the issues they have trouble with. I think that you are getting confused by her interactions with you. It is your perception problem, not hers. She is there to address your perception issues and concerns. No different than another therapist who allows a patient to express tears, anger, confusion and remorse. Those are all psychological emotions that are the signals given off from whatever a patient is struggling with.

A therapist cannot help you until you show all of you, not physically, but psychologically and emotionally in every expression and thought pattern.
I am sure that she has heard even seen others that express the same issues as you. She is used to it, it is something she hears and sees all the time. Her ignoring you is not because she wants to participate in it with you, she has to know all of your thoughts and struggles with it. So she can help you with it.

As far as the other questions are concerned about being involved with a person who has sexual issues. Please realize this is not a normal behavior and there are clear reasons for it. Yes your feelings of another person not really changing or getting a real handle on it are correct. When someone has a psychological issue and you notice it, well they will just have it somewhere else, not around you.

What that person really needs is a therapist that can help them understand why they do it or feel a need to do it. There is always a reason.

People handle stress in many different ways. It is a lack of control in some way. Trying to find some kind of control. And it can go all the way back to their early years or even some sort of perception issue within their brain function. It is best handled by a professional period.

For the person who does have an issue with this, the first place you can start is learning to admit it and then get help to address it. It may not be as bad as you think. It may be something that you can very well over come and be a happier person.

I do not have an issue with this but I have met people in my life that do have issues. I have also taken medications that interfere with being able to find that end realease. So, I stopped the medication.

Get help with your issue, and if you are with someone, then either ask them to get help with it or stop your relationship with them altogether.
You have to think about your own mental health.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote