View Single Post
Anonymous33005

Default Jul 01, 2011 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
Hi Jaded,

Glad to hear that you have successfully tapered off and have regained your sleep. The 2 months must have been rough.

I've tapered Seroquel down to 50mg so far, and have had interrupted sleep. I can't seem to sleep for more than 1.5 hours at a time. Although I'm still getting 4-6 hours a night. The idea of being off it completely kind of scares me. I easily go manic if I don't sleep for a night or two.

Would you have any sleep aid suggestions? I'd like to discuss this with my pdoc before I go off the quel.

Thanks and good luck.
Definitely a rough 2 months in terms of sleep. do you use any other sleep aids like Ambien? it worked for me before i took Seroquel and it's working again now. i don't feel sleepy or hung over in the morning either.
also melatonin, Benadryl or even Tylenol PM all make other people tired. I've been having trouble sleeping since the late 80s so i think I actually make myself worse about it.
Another person i know takes Restoril which is a benzo type drug.
some people like Trazodone too - personally I had nightmares from it but it does work for other people -
i was actually getting really really close to taking a low dose of Seroquel to sleep if i didn't start sleeping this week - I still have some 25 mg in my drawer....my pdoc was suggesting it last time and I fought it.
SIGH....
One battle down.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FuriousGeorge