View Single Post
Lulu67

Member Since Sep 2011
Unhappy Sep 15, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird82 View Post
I have quit using Chantix and I have quit cold turkey but I always go back to smoking. Usually it happens when I feel discouraged or stressed or just when I decide to have a glass of wine. Then I think I'll just have one or two and stop again but it doesn't work that way.
I have begun to realize that I become depressed after having been quit for about a month or so and I do feel better for a little while when I light up...but then I find myself back on the downhill slide to a pack a day and all the bad symptoms..aches, pains, cough etc. that goes along with that.
I think that if I can possibly deal with the depression that I think is underlying the smoking addiction I may be able to quit for good.
Any comments?
Hi there...your post hits home with me. I too quit with Chantix back in January, then relapsed...thought I could have one cig just to prove to myself that I was in control and didn't need cigs anymore. Then I quit a series of times after this, each lasting 3 days, 5 days...the longest was 2 months using Chantix, for the second time! I can manage to quit for a few days and then buy a pack, finish the pack, quit again for a day or two, then buy another pack. Usually the third day, I get really tired and really down and the thoughts in my head cause so much tension in my body and drive to the store to get a pack. The relief is temporary but relief nonetheless. Everytime, I think... after this pack I will make an effort to quit again and this is the kind of vicious cycle I have been going through. Now I can't even get through 1 day without smoking. I have read everything there is about smoking, addiction, quitting etc. but I suspect depression is sabotaging my motivation and will to stop again and stay stopped. What are the symptoms of your depression?
Mine are just lethargy, overall feeling down, and unmotivated and uninterested in doing things. I also get bouts of anger and impatience which is not like me.
Lulu67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
delvaughn1975, Suki22