View Single Post
rustyc

Member Since Sep 2011
Default Sep 26, 2011 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;28582
I don't know where to go. I have a relationship that has some abuse, but not physical, at least people that know me tell me he needs to be medicated, he's a control freak and I need to get help, but I truly don't see the abuse much. I do and I don't, there are reason's for my husband's behavior and I feel for him, but I want out and I am scare to do it. Therapist are expensive (no ofense) and I know I cannot do it alone. I am in St. George, UT.
Any help?
You have the ability to face any challenge in life and come out a winner. Have you seen the movie Rainman with Tom and Dustin Hoffman? I was like the Rainman in real life, the only difference my mental state was so bad I had no ability to feel fear or think about something before doing it.
My mental state most of my life, going on 50 years, has been like a child. I never walked away from anything or stopped myself from doing anything just like a two year old.
You have the ability to make anything come to life once you stop going with the flow of what others are doing around you. People who know me never know what to expect from me once I'm rolling. I live life to the fullest and never for one second think of the risk of what might go wrong.
Except at the end of the day, I look back on it to see my mistakes and did I hurt anybody's feelings. This is when I become a better person and live a little more by calling up that person and say "I do care and I'm sorry for what I did, I am learning and will do better next time." So, the next time I get to have my fun and not hurt anybody's feelings. Its not my nature to be an adult. That is not who I am! I have to be myself! I don't act stupid! I live!
The other-side of me is nothing, something I don't want to be, there is no life sitting in a chair without thought or laying in a bed waiting for somebody to get me started. That life I don't want anymore.
I didn't get to where I am today by being passive. When I share my life with people, the things I have done they looked scared at all the challenges, ordeals, conflicts, and problems I faced to get here.
You have a life to live, its not what you make of it, its what you made of it. So, are you living? In your husband is a child, knowing how to tap into that part of him requires learning everything there is to know about him. Find him fascinating not irritating, find him exciting not boring, find him in his weakest moment and comfort him, but, before you can help him, you must know yourself. Start with exploring your five senses, by exploring earth as if there are no people on it, just you, he can come along.
Ask him "Would you like to explore the earth with me?" Rules apply, be open minded and have fun as a child would do.
rustyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HelpMe2013

Thanks for this!
HelpMe2013, nushi