Alcinus_of_chell
Veteran Member

Member Since Jun 2011
3 hugs
given
Default Nov 07, 2011 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashly View Post
Just from watching the posts on this commnity, it seems to me that a large number of people here seem stuck, there seems to be a flood of strugging voices and not enough to stem the flow. Not much in the way of positive reinforcement, or useful advice, or sometimes even people answering so someone is "heard"..
You make a good point, I myself have had threads I created go unanswered or almost unanswered.

Quote:
For example in the Coping with Emotions Forum the sticky does not provide any useful tips on coping with emotions, it just says it's a place to share your emotions. Most of the posts seem to be about venting, but not coping or gaining or building coping skills. It would be useful to at least have something to hold your over until you can find a therapist or something.
What you say makes sense, nothing and no one is perfect, and while in its current form the area in question does help people it could of course be improved.
I hasten to note, lest the words seem empty, that I do not use the subfourm in question with anything nearing regularity and as such do not have a good idea of how it could be best improved or how that improvement could be accomplished.

Quote:
It seems that a lot of the chats in the calendar are inactive, or don't seem to happen. I am also alienated (and not the only one to experience this) by the demographic seeming mostly college age. I can't relate to that. It would be nice if there was a place for people in their 30s/40s and up to talk.
It's too bad about the chats, but I believe we do have a social group for people in their 30/40s (I could be thinking of something else, I'm 17 so such things are not in my sphere).

Quote:
The resources section is frightenly out of date. Anything over a year old runs the risk of not being available, a lot of that seems to come from the early 2000s. Going through it is an exercise in frustration and futility for someone already maxed out.
Really? I've never visited that part of the site, it sounds like an Admin should take a look.

Quote:
I've only spent a short time here, while this seems a little more controlled than other places I feel it's not useful to me, hopefully I can find a place of support elsehwere
You've clearly given this thought and I agree that if you are finding the thing you say to be true then you are right to look for somewhere else.
I wish you luck.