Secretum
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2008
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Now my shower is rubbish - a tiny trickle of warm-ish water. You basically get cold standing under it. Impossible to wash your hair in it. Drying yourself - which is exceptionally annoying - is actually easier because there's not much water to start with.
I'm been spoiled, shower-wise. If the water didn't get hot and stay hot, I wouldn't enjoy showering nearly as much. Awesome that you like ironing and washing dishes; I hate those things. I also hate vacuuming; haven't vacuumed in months! But, of course, that will be remedied today. Or maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Quote:
Reading this sequence of events, as if they would take place one right after the other, I was like, whaaa? Who does that?! Thought, impulse, action, action, action, completed? Where's the time for: I shouldn't spend the money, I have to take the bus (to buy dye), do I have too much product on my hair to do it now? Should I do it myself or get it done at the beauty school? It never comes out right. Should I go light or dark? That French IMF woman is natural, she looks great. Should I do streaks? What if I develop an allergy? What if I stain the shower curtain? How long is it gonna take? When is next holiday? When am I gonna see my friends next, will I have roots, should I wait a couple of weeks?
I'm actually really inhibited as well. When I listed buying the dye->having differently colored hair, I was actually trying to express how I assume everyone else goes about her business!

I've only dyed my hair once, and that time I did buy the dye and complete the action on the same night. Pink stripes. Unfortunately, the dye was designed to wash out within a few days, so it wasn't too big of a risk. I wasn't quite hypomanic then, but I was quite close to it; that is how I am explaining the uncharacteristic impulsivity. I stayed up all night to dye my hair, wash my sheets, and put candy canes on my neighbors' doors. I even talked for over an hour with the custodian who was wiping down the laundry room! Definitely one of my best nights in modern times.

I'm sure that your pale cool blonde hair looks really hawt. What is your natural color?

Check out my blog on equality for those with mental health issues (updated 12/4/15) http://phoenixesrisingtogether.blogspot.com

Thanks for this!
anneo59