View Single Post
chipperdear

Member Since Feb 2010
17 hugs
given
Default Jan 27, 2012 at 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantExplain View Post
I guess the first question is, do you actually want sex, or do you just think you ought to want it?

There are a number of asexual people who post here occasionally. (I'm afraid I wasn't very supportive when I met them last, but I've done some growing since then...) They would tell you that society puts great pressure on people to be sexual. But is possible to have a life partnership with someone without any sex at all. Would that meet your needs?
I've thought about the possibility of being asexual, and honestly, part of me would be ok with the idea of not wanting/having sex, but a bigger part of me wants a sexual relationship. I don't think it's so much asexuality as it is a fear of losing control over my body, becoming vulnerable, the idea of not being good enough in some way (appearance, performance, etc). I believe it is more anxiety based than orientation based, but I could be wrong. The problem isn't wanting sex, it's having sex. I can get in the mood (to keep it PG-13), but I freeze when it's time to act on it.
chipperdear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote