View Single Post
crazytrains

Member Since Jul 2011
Default Feb 07, 2012 at 05:37 PM

When it comes to emotion for human, I categorize it to two different types. Instinctual or animal kind of emotions (such as fear, content, sadness, ego, etc.) , and intellectual ones (such as jealousy, greed, love, disappointment, etc.). And I believe, that climate and culture has a lot to do with which one people seek for. Tell me if I am wrong, but I have noticed, looking at the people from different parts of the world, those that naturally and biologically are more likely to experience the instinctual emotions, are the ones that look more for the second kind. That's why I see more of emotions such as love, jealousy, greed in warm climate, as for people from colder climate are more inclined to find a way to experience the first kind. That being said, it agrees with the biological explanation of emotion, which is a biochemistry reaction caused by hormones in human. Climate, and food are the two major factors on hormones level in people, therefore, they also affect their emotions.

If one is not satisfied with what his or her biochemistry is creating in form of emotions, the best way to cope with it is to change those two factors first. To put it in a metaphor, if your body can not deal with spicy food, then change your diet!

A friend of mine, a very hot blooded guy, who was the person that always his out of control emotions were getting a best of him in any social situation (and of course causing a lot of grief) followed my advice. Changed his diet and the climate he lived in, and now he is in a full control of his emotions. However, since what he is doing is against his nature, it is making him a none satisfied and unhappy person, but at least he is in control!
crazytrains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote