pegasus is here.

15 yr Member
4,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2012 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (JD) View Post
I agree that no one without a doctoral degree should be allowed to post with such a screen name...

However there are quite a few areas for such a degree, not just psychology....

yet the PhD--which I have-- is the highest degree awarded in the USA, above even the MD.... and still I cannot use it in a screen name here.

Tis ok. It doesn't reduce me in the least, it just would be nice if the best support site on the web could allow validation to anyone who has done the work, given the effort and often receives no recognition for it. We're only human.

Be well.

drjean
So, do you feel Psych Central should endorse you because you have a 'Doctor' title. Who is to say that your word is any better than any one elses? Can you not see how it can be misleading to vulnerable people? There are many people here who give out sound advice/support without having a Doctor title.

Be well.

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Hugs from:
(JD)

Thanks for this!
Anonymous32463, Gus1234U, lynn P., Tamster