Legendary

Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Thanks Sconnie892,

Yeah, dysthymia is kind of the default diagnosis they go to because no one wants to be the first clinician to label you with something heavier. That was my diagnosis for a very long time, until my problems became so severe that they had to kick the diagnosis up a notch or two.

Cyclothymia has been described to me as being on the bipolar "spectrum." One pdoc thought that was maybe what I had. I'ld be interested to know has this been a longstanding issue with you? Do you recognize things that trigger you into one "mode" or the other.

Thanks for mentioning the feeling of "waste" that comes over you when things go to pot. It is such a demoralizing feeling. Also, people who see how things get in my life when I'm not "UP" get so disgusted with me and express such scorn. Like - "You are perfectly capable of keeping on top of things some of the time, so what's the problem that you got like this?" My boyfriend just shakes his head and mutters. He has no idea the pain that comes with decompensating. I am interested to know if you, or anyone checking this thread, has any strategy to try and stop that downhill roll . . . or at least delay it for some time. Good luck in your discussion with your T. I hope you can be understood, because I think it's hard for others to grasp this.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote