View Single Post
veez

Member Since Mar 2009
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2012 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehurtacceptance View Post
My emotions seem to try to get the better of me so I just cut them off completely and go numb. I know thats not the was to handle my emotions but I don't know what else to do before my emotions would break me down completely.
I think that going numb is sometimes our last resort for survival and that it has to be okay when that's all we can do. I struggle with being able to control or contain my emotions which does not always involve how I interact with others -- sometimes it's just about how I am with myself and the busy thoughts that I am consumed by. Mostly that I am too much for people. Too sensitive, too emotional, too dramatic, too passionate. I don't want to be anything to the extent of being "too much" so much so that others don't really know how to deal with me. I don't know where I'm going with what I have said. My intent was to respond in a hopefully helpful way to your message. Mostly, I guess I would say not to be hard on yourself when you feel the only option for dealing with your emotions is to go numb. If it gets you through then it must be okay. And when it feels safe enough to feel again maybe it would be a good idea to try to identify and understand the emotions that left you overcome. And if you feel ready, try to explore finding the simple hows and whys of your emotions. Hopefully, in such a way that you would come away knowing more and being less vulnerable to your emotions. This is something I should apply to my own experiences. I hope that what I've said makes sense.
veez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lovehurtacceptance