View Single Post
sujunew
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2006
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 28, 2006 at 06:54 AM

just to clarify- no1 daughter was born with a heart condition which has seen her go thru 2 open heart surgeries so far, the 1st resulting in a stroke, a brain injury from lack of oxygen before she got a tracheostomy, and for the 1st 4 years of her life she was tube fed. All of this has meant, as we do not live near family, that getting anyone to look after her is very difficult. When I was due to have my (stillborn) son we organised with cps to fund a caregiver for her, which became invaluable when I was hospitalised after my son's funeral. I was also hospitalised for 4 months 1 1/2 yrs ago due to major (post natal) depression and severe pyschosis. Again, she was put into (voluntary) care by my husband as he was commuting 8 hrs each way, 2-3 times a week to see myself and daughter no2. So I hope now that you understand WHY she was put into care- more for the funding for the special ppl who train to look after her than for any other reason.

sujunew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote