View Single Post
sujunew
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2006
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2006 at 06:08 AM

I was just about to post here when I went back, reread kendalika's post and realised it was almost identical to what I had written. So just to re-emphasise some of what (she) said:-
* it's addicting. Even if you stop for a time, you may not have overcome it
* the scars don't go away. That is a HUGE prob for me; I am really self-concious and totally embarrassed of them
* your kids will be confused (mine aren't yet, although they have seen all my scars and no2 has to watch as they are dressed and treated when necessary)
* your marriage could end (well, mine just has with my husband citing that my SIing is too much for him- totally NOT the reason we have split but degrading and humiliating for me)
* it is much harder to date with scars that are hard to hide (a fear that looks like it may well come true)
* and for me, now I don't even feel the physical pain (considering I do it to 'feel' the emotional pain it kinda makes the whole process pointless!). I just dissociate, without trying or meaning to, when I SI so I often don't realise I have hurt myself til afterwards and in my latest instance I have needed stitches and now for 'it' to be dressed every 2nd day due to the deepness and infection (I did it 3 weeks ago; the only memory I have of it is the horrible flashbacks when I was at the deepest point)
I don't ever want to see anyone else doing this to themselves, much less my chn, and I wish they didn't have to see the reality of it every day. One day I will break this awful addiction, I just wish I could today...

sujunew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken