View Single Post
Rapunzel
Legendary

Rapunzel I came back here looking for an old post, and I'm looking around and realizing that I have really come a long way.

20 yr Member
132 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 20, 2006 at 03:38 PM

Welcome to psych central, vortex. I hope that you find help here. There are lots of great people, and sometimes you just need to know that you're not alone and someone understands.

The trigger icon is one of the post icons (that appear in the message headings), like the book or note, or you can do a smiley, etc. Under "Post Icon" (drop-down menu) it is listed as "trig." I'll put one on this post just to show you what it looks like. Or let me know if you need help with it or forget, because I can go back in and add it later (or any of the mods for this forum).

It's best to avoid getting into graphic detail, as that can "trigger" people, or affect their feelings in a way that they are more likely to act out, or just have feelings that are hard to deal with. Sometimes you might need to discuss some subjects that someone might find triggering. There is no way we can avoid ever triggering each other in a forum like this. So, if you think that what you write might affect someone like that (particularly if it's about strong feelings, details, abuse, etc.), then it helps to use the trigger icon as a warning for people to know what they are getting into before they read the post. They can either be prepared for it, or not read it if they don't feel safe.

Rap

Rapunzel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken