View Single Post
boudicea

boudicea has no updates.

10 yr Member
7 hugs
given
Trig Jul 21, 2012 at 07:46 AM

Thanks for the links. I was sexually abused and ended up in some "weird kind" of relationship with my psychiatrist. For the first 2 years in the mid 1990's after my breakdown he was fine. Then he started talking and asking things of a personal sexual nature and then gradually touched me and kissed me and well.......I can sure you can guess the rest. He was also nearly 25 years my senior and married. The worst part is I thought I really meant something to him. But I found out years later that I was one of about 30 woman that complained about him to the Medical Board. He was suspended for 6 months, then practiced only with supervision. Then a bigger case was put forward including myself and many other female sexual victims and he was going to be struck off. He knew he would lose, so he didn't fight the case.
Then I found out he was practicing in England as a psychiatrist where they had no idea of what he had done here in Australia. I was horrified after I learnt of this. I then googled his name and found that finally his abuse of women in Australia had caught up with him in England, where he was forced to stop practising psychiatry, at the then age of 72. Unbelievable but true and no I am not joking. He knew I had been sexually abused as a child, had PTSD and other symptoms. I am still damaged because of what he did to me. I wish I could forget all of it, but I can't. As at times he still haunts me within my mind.

I now happily have a very ethical psychiatrist for 10 years now. He was the one who finally made me realised that I suffered from borderline personality disorder and some histrionic pd symptoms as well. I've been able to minimise over the years alot of the traits that have made my life hell for years. It's not easy and at times it's still a real struggle when life's stressor's get out of control. However because of him, I am still alive and I've been happily married for quite some time now.

Please get help!!! To those of you who have been sexually or otherwise abused by your therapist/psych. It's so important. It's not easy, but I know it can be done!
boudicea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*, LizzieVale, precaryous, SeaSalt, TheWell

Thanks for this!
LizzieVale, MariaLucy, nushi