View Single Post
PurpleFlyingMonkeys
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2009
152 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question Aug 28, 2012 at 04:21 PM

I may have posted about this before I'm not sure but...

While my pdoc is giving me medication I don't feel comfortable taking (and have legitimate reasons to feel this way) the last time I had effective medication for my panic and anxiety was in May, from the emergency room.

The anxiety and panic have gotten better, but are still standing strong. While I'm not shaking day and night, while I can keep somewhat still and I'm not afraid of everything, I still have that constant uneasiness. That constant feeling of needing to be somewhere else, anywhere else. I still have a lot of fears, claminess, sweatyness, shakiness, you know they typical. I'm just able to barely manage it, which is a lot compared to me back in May. Therapy is doing great.

I've gone back and forth thinking about taking valerian root for my anxiety. A friend recommended it almost a year ago, but the friend did other drugs so I didn't know if his opinion was trustworthy or not. But then today I brought it up with t and he said some of his anxiety patients use it and do well on it, and recommended I bring it up with my pdoc next month.

I'm not on any meds at all atm to cause bad reactions with med mixing. So now I'm considering it. But I don't like taking meds I don't know, meds I'm not educated about. Any advice or information or experiences on it? I need SOMETHING and can't get in with pdoc until next month. I know no one should/ca say "Yes take that" but it's a vitamin, so I can easily get it, it doesn't seem harmful and I'm hoping it may help so I wont need other meds.

Has anyone tried it? If so does it help the anxiety and panic attacks? It says take before bed, would it still help you after taking it at night, sleeping and waking up, granted I have anxiety at night but my biggest issue is the anxiety during the day, would it still help even if I took it at night? Any info advice or anything?