PurpleFlyingMonkeys
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2009
152 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2012 at 07:33 PM

Some anxiety talk, may be triggering*****

Thank you all, I've read a ton online regarding valerian root, and some says it does others say it don't but like stratocaster I'm looking for herbal remedies for the most part. Medication maked my anxiety peak. Heck I don't take Tylenol unless my pain has me in tears because it's so bad. So the tea, knowing it's not a pill even, is a bit of a relief to me.... But...

I'm having anxiety thinking about it... Worrying, "will there be a bad reaction?" I went out drinking last night because my fiances band had a gig (he plays the drums) and I had a good time, I drink maybe once a month to two months. Well we get home and I go to sleep and woke up having panic attacks every hour. Woke up feeling like a full blown anxiety attack got me. Reminds me why I don't always like drinking. It wasn't until around 3pm that the anxiety eased at all. I kept thinking about drinking some of the Valerian root tea to try it out but I get so panicked thinking about it "what if I have a reaction and once I've taken it it's too late, it's already in my system" the same thing goes for the pills, and I am too afraid to try it at night because the thoughts "well what if I have a reaction while I'm sleeping and I don't even know it, and I wake up horribly ill or worse?"

I have a lot of irrational fears, this is an herbal remedy and I'm ONLY allergic to one thing, Flagyl and it's just a type of antibiotic, and the only thing that happened when I took it was a mild rash. So I shouldn't be so worried about these things but I am. I want to try it, I've had the valerian root capsules for about a year and the tea for 2 days now, but haven't worked up the courage to try it yet...

Again thank you for the responses, they were greatly appreciated.