View Single Post
Edpsy77

Member Since Aug 2012
Default Sep 25, 2012 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoren View Post
That said, although I agree that the main aim of sex is for procreation, of course it is, there are indeed other secondary purposes for sex such as emotional bonding as I originally said, which as well as the testimonies of other humans, I have observed documentaries seen on the behaviours of animal species. I am not going to provide the links to studies, given that as well as your own lack of evidence in your arguments, I don't consider this debate important enough for me to waste effort finding them.
One of the goals of sex is reproduction but a plethora of other motives that you have stated may be motives as well. I don't think I am rigid in my view of sexuality because my example of the 90 year old woman who has a sex drive actually signifies that many evolutionary psychologists need to adapt a more pluralistic version of the purpose of sexuality. What critics would most likely to consider me is excessively pluralistic on my views of sexual capacity on a human level.

The conventional evolutionary view of male and female differences in sexual behavior is now generalized to the homosexual paradigm where reproduction within such a paradigm is impossible. Nevertheless, evolutionary psychologists attempt to assert that homosexual males and females have inherited mating strategies that only have the possibility to be functional in the heterosexual mating paradigm. It is meaningless to discuss reproductive abilities of gay males and lesbians even if they are "fertile" because they only desire to have sex in an innate homosexual fashion. They rarely seek the opposite sex for copulation in order to produce offspring. Thus, this behavior can never result into reproduction.
Edpsy77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JLarissaDragon