View Single Post
rocknmomo

Member Since Oct 2012
1 hugs
given
Question Oct 31, 2012 at 02:49 PM

Hi, this is my first post. I am in a relationship with a boyfriend who has been diagnosed with PTSD due to traumatic experiences in Vietman while he was serving in the military. However, from some of the life events he has shared, I now feel it is more than Vietnam. It must go back to childhood and his ability to cope well with interpersonal relationships. I have not brought this up to him, and wonder what the best language is. ?? I am certain after perusing your site and many others, that he is suffering from PTSD and/or BPD. He is in his 4th year of sobriety with the help of AA. I notice that he applies techniques to help him subdue his emotions/anger/frustrations. He becomes very quiet and then goes to lay down and rest, which is good; however, at first it was difficult for me to grasp. We have only known each other 3 months, but he became overly "SERIOUS" and in love with me after only 3 weeks. I enjoyed that part of course, but now I realize it was because of his disorder. All the symptoms of BPD are present. I want him to know that I am trying to understand, and that I am willing to communicate with him; however, I don't know the best way to begin this conversation. I don't want to "accuse" him of anything...he is a lovely gentleman, and very caring; plus he is trying very hard, but I can see that the issue of non-communication will drown this relationship over time. I also saw the book, "Walking on Eggshells," on his book shelf which I think his former wife probably utilized. I love him and want to help, but then again, I might just make matters worse, not sure. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and/or advice in this serious matter. Thank you.
rocknmomo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NWgirl2013