View Single Post
Big Mama
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
646 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

When I was your age I was denied access to males except in a school setting. My mom made sure to scare me to death w/ tales of how men were looking at me. That was bad, because all men lust after girls. They were dirty nasty creatures. So the last thing I wanted to do was to be in the presence of a male. I attend church and have for many many years. Sex was WRONG was preached heavily at church. We had a large (for the middle of no where) youth group and we were always kept separate. Because guys and girls should not mingle because teenagers are hormone filled little monsters.

This were things we were led to believe, assumptions. In reality guys are really not that gross and nasty. They are not all saints but neither are girls. And teenagers are not evil sex desiring monsters. It is the grownups who are not comfortable seeing affection. I can certainly see how religion affected my view of guys. Girls w/ girls was so ungodly it was not EVEN somethiing you mention. It was that was bad. I don't agree w/ girls and girls either. But I'm a firm believer in love the sinner not the sin.

I home school my son. He is 15 years old. He is home schooled due to bullying and standing up for his religious beliefs and not accepting the worlds sin and sexual ways along w/ drugs. He wants to go back to public school to mingle w/ guys and girls his age. I want him to also. I am uncomfortable w/ affection but I do not want my downfalls to be projected on to my son and have him to believe such untrue things.

If you are denied access to men how are you to meet a future husband. God want us to be fruitful and multiply. We can't multiply by ourselves you know. I hope things get easier for you. Never compromise who you are. Be yourself and a guy will come along who likes you for you. You sure don't want him to like you for who you are pretending to be. Embrace being you, the tomboy you is wonderful. Not all guys like a girly girl. My H sure don't. He dislikes high maintenance girls, drama queen girls and girly girls. So be you.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote