View Single Post
lynn P.
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 03, 2013 at 01:11 PM

Sorry you're suffering and scared brokensoul1984. Did you have OCD or any of these issues before childbirth?? I'm trying to understand if this is an OCD problem or from Postpartum. Childbirth can be very stressful on the body and mind, so sometimes hormones are off balance, therefore none of this is your fault.

To ease your mind about these thoughts - it obvious you don't want to hurt anyone and these thoughts are just upsetting you. One important thing to remember is the intention of the thought - you don't want to hurt anyone. Let me give you a simple example - if the thought of eating garbage keeps coming in your mind, you're not going to eat garbage....right? Same thing if the other thoughts pop in - you don't want to hurt your baby.

I saw on another thread you're breast feeding - try to keep doing this since it increases mother/baby bond and is great for you / your baby. The important thing to remember is, this can happen to any mother and you can get the right help. Make sure you tell your doctor you've been feeling worse and make it clear you're not a danger...... but just scared by the thoughts. I hope you start feelings better soon with help from your doctor.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Little Moma