Harley47
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
411 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Hi HB.

Firstly, please be so kind to allow me to address this one minor point in order to allow me to close my gaping mouth...with as much respect as I can muster, how in God's name do you reach the conclusion that smoking bans caused the recession??? I seem to recall a few slightly more relevant economic factors at play...something along the lines of the housing market nearly crashing. Had to get that off my chest....

Anyway, I don't believe for a moment that your migraines are psychosomatic. Cigarette smoke contains literally thousands of chemicals, including trace amounts of arsenic, if memory serves. It is, by no stretch of the imagination, healthy, perhaps save for any instantly overshadowed benefits brought on by stress relief. I believe you when you blame the migraine on the second hand smoke. When (well...if. I'm trying to quit out of respect to my mom...more on that later*) I smoke, I tend to make sure I'm well away from anyone before I light it...I think in regards to that I've only ever smoked in public once, and that was in a relatively empty Walmart parking lot after a night shift. My point is that I think it is very inconsiderate to smoke around someone who doesn't either smoke themselves or isn't expressly okay with it. To smoke around someone who has asked that you expressly not is incredibly rude.

It is rude and petty of him to chastise you for a decision you made two decades ago. YOU made YOUR choice, and he doesn't have much right to complain about it. It takes two to make a decision like that...two willing, consenting adults. Without that, it couldn't/shouldn't work. He cannot, in good faith, be angry at you for not wanting to be with him. That's childish. Honestly, were I you, I would rather demand he drop the matter...it's not his place to judge that decision, I don't think.

As far as HE goes...I honestly don't have the slightest of what it could be outside of ED. It strikes me as very odd that he is able to maintain a quality erection and is yet unable to climax. I highly advise he seek out his doctor, though...again respectfully, given what you've said, I don't think he's going to be too open to the idea.

Ultimately, it is your call to make regarding this man, but I would simply say that as an outsider looking in, I do not like his lack of responsibility, nor am I a fan of his unwillingness to let go of the past. That is only my view on the matter.

Lastly, and for my own benefit...what on earth is a Narco Mafia, and why would they have any stake in tobacco?

I do hope things work out, and I wish you all my best.

Hugs,
Harley

*My mom...lol well, she wasn't a fan of her only son smoking, which I quite understand. My Christmas present to her was my declaration of intention to quit. It's...going. I have a pack at the apartment now, but that's only because my roommate left it, and...lol well, the frugal side of me doesn't want to waste it, I guess. Granted, I didn't smoke on half the scale this guy does, so I can't speak for his level of nicotine addiction, but speaking for myself, it's not insurmountable, but it's not a habit dropped at the tip of a hat. I have my Blu ecigs, which help, and I have a tin of snus my manager shared with me. Those generally curb the "craving." For myself, it's not an overwhelming sense of "Oh my God I have to go get a smoke," and for me, "craving" is a misnomer. It's almost...well, for me, like casually wanting a piece of gum. If I can't get it, no big deal. But it reoccurs throughout the day. Weak, yet repeating. Figured my own experience might offer insight.