View Single Post
hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Thank you, Harley! Let me explain about Narco Mafia - he cites studies (without giving me references so I cannot quote) that show that the smoking ban in California has led to increases in the spread of marijuana use and hard drug use. From that he concludes that narco mafia is interested in promoting anti-tobacco information and tobacco bans. He probably believes that people would always need to have SOMETHING, so if they are prohibited to smoke, they would turn to marijuana and drugs.

I used to use marijuana for sleep and told him about it. I do not do it anymore simply because of the cost - it is a great sleep medicine and I highly recommend it and low doses are sufficient, without psychedelic effect. He was so against it. But what he offered me was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clozapine (not available in the US), in low doses. It is an AP but in low doses is used for sleep, pretty much like Seroquel but without weight gain. Well, it did work, but next day I was heavily sweating, more than ever before in my life, and I read through the drug insert and sure enough, the last bullet point was sweating. And marijuana causes no side effects. He still insisted that marijuana is outside of conventional psychiatric treatment and thus inappropriate. The simple idea that one would always prefer a side-effect-free medicine regardless of whether it is inside or outside of conventional psychiatric treatment just did not penetrate his head so to speak. I also jokingly recommended marijuana to him as a blood pressure medicine (he uses something to lower his blood pressure) and he was horrified.

At any rate, I am glad I live in California that bans smoking in public places and allows medicinal use of marijuana... By his logic, the same people that pushed for legalization of medicinal marijuana in California in the 1990s were behind the ban on tobacco use in restaurants that occurred roughly at the same time.

But that is not the main point. The main point is, thank you for saying that it it was rude and petty of him to chastise me. He really should be happy that I am with him NOW. As I said I will not make a fuss about it now because there are higher priorities, but if we do start talking about spending time in Israel in May, I would say to him that if he is unwilling to let go of the past and enjoy my company in the present, I will not go with him. I will stand my ground. SO THANKS!
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Harley47

Thanks for this!
Harley47